Métis Climate Strategy Art Contest
The Métis National Council is pleased to announce an ART COMPETITION to design/develop the cover of our new Métis National Climate Strategy (title still to be determined) to be release in spring of 2024.
We invite Métis artists from across the Homeland, who are under the age of 30, to submit their art in any still medium, which could include: painting, photography, sculpture, beadwork, collage, drawing, fiber art, digital art, mix media, etc. The art piece should be inspired by how the land and waters across the Homeland are being impacted by climate change, and explore your personal ideas, experiences, and connection to nature and ways to address these changes.
When developing the piece, we encourage drawing inspiration from the following prompts:
- What does the land and waters mean to you?
- Reflect on your connection to your culture and the land and waters.
- What is a memorable experience you’ve had on the land and water?
- How does your local environment or natural surroundings influence your day-to-day life?
- How is climate change impacting you and your connection to the land and waters?
- What does climate leadership mean to you, your family, your community, your Nation?
- What makes you feel empowered in the fight against climate change?
One winner, along with a runner-up, will be selected by a team which includes representatives from the Métis National Council and Governing Members.
January 31, 2024
No entry fees.
The selected Art piece will be revealed a the MNC National Youth Summit on Climate Change being hosted in April 2024 in Ottawa, ON.